In your own space, post a rec for at least three fanworks that you did not create.
1. Anything But That (31817 words) by Skalidra
Fandom: DCU, Batman - All Media Types
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Dick Grayson/Jason Todd
Characters: Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Bruce Wayne, Tim Drake
Additional Tags: Sex Pollen, Trope Subversion, No Sex, Hurt/Comfort, Developing Relationship, Extremely Dubious Consent
When Dick wakes up, tied to a chair and with one of the worst hangovers of his life, it's not the greatest situation. When Jason tells him that he'd been dosed with Poison Ivy's pollen, it gets worse. But the terrible situation isn't an excuse to accuse Jason of taking advantage, especially because Jason's feelings run deeper than Dick understands.
2. cw: torture
3. Epic Rap Battles of History. There's so many, I can't decide which to rec. My favourites:
- Deadpool vs Boba Fett (You're a Deathstroke rip-off)
- Son Goku vs Superman (Your powers have been boring since the 19-fucking-40s)
- Santa vs Moses
Day 1 (DW) - Day 2: Wish list (DW | LJ) - Day 3: Self-recs (DW | LJ) - Day 4: New fanwork (DW | LJ) - Day 5: Feedback - Day 6: Challenge (DW | LJ) - Day 8: Interact - Day 9: Goals (DW | LJ) - Day 10: Resources (DW | LJ) - Day 11 (DW | LJ)
Just finished: The OMAC Project plus tie-ins. Batman: Year Three. A Lonely Place of Dying. The Memory Effect. The Return of Donna Troy.
Currently reading: Green Lantern: Rebirth, Tristram Shandy.
Coming up: Infinite Crisis. Oscar Wao.
In your own space, create your own challenge. What’s something you want to see more people doing in fandom? Is there something you’ve tried that you think other people would enjoy if they gave it a go? Dare your friends to try it out, and have fun with it. Leave a comment in this post saying you did it. Include a link to your post if you feel comfortable doing so.
So, I'll be uninspired yet again and repeat what others have written:
1. Try something new. (In life, in fandom, wherever. Try a new recipe, a book, or a new activity.)
2. Work on a WIP.
3. Leave feedback on a work that has no comments yet. (It doesn't have to be in-depth, something simple as "I enjoyed this!" will certainly make the creator's day.)
Day 1 (DW) - Day 2: Wish list (DW | LJ) - Day 3: Self-recs (DW | LJ) - Day 4: New fanwork (DW | LJ) - Day 5: Comment
Onto the reading (ganked from doreyg):
Just finished: Rann-Thanagar War. The last real book I read was Good Morning, Midnight by Jean Rhys.
Currently reading: The OMAC Project. Currently stalled because I can't find Superman v2 #219. Also been reading a Kindle book called The Memory Effect during commutes.
Coming up: Once I get back to the library, I want to see if they have Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz available.
Stolen from everywhere...
Pick a date in December and give me something to talk about. TV, books, movies, fandom, writing, science, publishing, food, travel, fictional characters and all of their feelings, cuddly animals, whatever.
Here's my friending meme entry, in case you need fandom direction. :)
Also stolen from a few people.
-You don't have to be following me or ever have commented to request a topic.
-I'll leave topics for you, too! Feel free to link me at any time if you want one.
-Feel free to suggest multiple topics/dates.
-Feel free to just leave a topic and no date. I'll fill it in.
( Les jours du décembre )
Leave a comment and I will:
1. Tell you why I friended you.
2. Associate you with something - fandom, a song, a color, a photo, a word, et cetera.
3. Tell you something I like about you.
4. Tell you a memory I have of you.
5. Ask something I've always wanted to know about you.
6. Tell you my favorite user pic of yours.
7. In return, you must post this in your LiveJournal.
IF YOU COME AFTER I'M OFFICIALLY ON HIATUS... WELL, TOUGH LUCK! HAHAHAH
I'll be packing in the meantime ^^